IM firefighters respond to calls
IRON MOUNTAIN — Iron Mountain firefighters were called at 4:19 p.m. Tuesday to a vehicle fire in the Dickinson County Memorial Hospital parking lot.
They found the fire in the engine compartment and extinguished it. No one was hurt, firefighters said, but the vehicle had an estimated $5,000 in damage. Firefighters returned to the station at 5:01 p.m.
At 11:38 a.m. Wednesday, they were called to the 100 block of Lake Antoine Road to investigate the odor of propane in the area. Firefighters found out a local business was purging propane tanks and there was no emergency. They returned to the station at 11:47 a.m.
At 3:31 p.m. Wednesday, firefighters were called to the 200 block of West D Street for a burn complaint. A resident was burning construction materials in violation of the city’s ordinance, so the fire was extinguished and firefighters returned to the station at 3:43 p.m.
At 3:52 p.m. Wednesday, they were called to a home on Margaret Street for a smoke detector activation. They found the detector was faulty and there was no problem, so they returned to the station at 4:11 p.m.