Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

A Day in the Life

September 3, 2009 - Theresa Proudfit
Time constraints piling up... here is my Blog.... A day in the Life of that is.   7 a.m....Woke up, walked the dog, showered and dressed, grabbed some coffee, checked the area gas prices, came into the office, checked voice mail, email, scanned sports photos, fixed associated press photos for sports, downloaded photos from yesterday, adjusted and sized photos , wrote cut lines , did the cut out photos for the front page and started editing the fair video I shot last night. 10 a.m.... headed to Kingsford tennis match against Westwood--- Westwood didn't show up, photographed girls warming up,  received a call from boss looking for a photo taken by  a reporter yesterday, headed back to office, came across accident took photos of accident, returned to office loaded photos, finished editing fair video,  checked cell phone, missed two calls from mom telling me about previous accident,  started uploading fair video to You Tube, left for lunch. Lunch is 11:45-12:45- walked the dog, ate a lean cuisine, stopped at Hallmark to get card for friend in the hospital, grabbed a sugar free iced coffee from McDonald's,  filled up gas tank, received call from boss making sure I was on my way back to the office for web seminar. 12:45 returned to office added fair video and photos  to the Daily News website, 12:55 arrived at web seminar. 1 p.m.-2:20 p.m. attended web seminar on workings of the new CU gallery. 2:25 p.m. started writing this blog. 2:35 ran to car to get notes from meeting for suicide walk story that needs to get written,  2:40 burned a cd for boss of all August pages from news folder to free up room on newsroom computer.  2:45 p.m. started writing suicide walk story. 3 p.m. stopped  writing to take photo of drawing for a laptop in the office, finished story at 3:45 p.m. checked voice mail, lady looking for photo from 1979, checked archives, no photo. 4 p.m left to take out the dog before going to the fair and Norway Football game. On my way home I get a call from the Advertising department saying I have an assignment in Fence first thing in the morning. I inform her my hours are tight and If I have to go to Fence I will not have time left to shoot the fair and football Friday night.  Boss calls, I no longer am shooting the fair or football in Norway tonight and must save time for Fence trip, fair and football on Friday....come back to the office finish this blog pick up my directions for Fence photo and leave for the day...I have the night off??? I think I'll go have a beer and watch my cousin Brad's  band play at Blackstone tonight!... Then off to Fence in the morning....


Article Comments

No comments posted for this article.

Post a Comment

You must first login before you can comment.

*Your email address:
Remember my email address.


I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web