| || |
Energize your life
May 20, 2011 - Blaine Hyska
Everyone wants to eat “healthier.”
Sure, it’s a great idea, but some of us have to work for a living.
Scheduled breakfasts, lunches and suppers are simply not on the menu.
Still, there are ways to become healthy, says George Mateljan.
Mateljan, author of The World’s Healthiest Foods, claims he can “energize your life” in four weeks.
At any rate, Mateljan has complied a list of the 100 healthiest foods, which he apparently reveals in his book. He also offers 10 little known facts about healthy eating. These are worth sharing:
1. Eating fresh fruit with each meal helps the digestive process.
2. Soaking produce in water leaches out water soluble vitamins.
3. Don’t saute with olive oil; add it to sauces and foods after they’re cooked to retain the flavor and nutrients in the oil.
4. Bell peppers may have a protective effect against cataracts.
5. Eating one large apple a day can lower serum cholesterol by up to 11 percent.
6. Adding fish, shellfish, flaxseeds or walnuts to one meal each day provides anti-inflammatory protection.
7. Refined sugars can lead to reduced immune system function.
8. Refined grains can lead to blood sugar elevations.
9. Whole foods high in fiber such as beans and legumes digest so slowly that many people eat them as natural appetite suppressants.
10. Three cups of green tea daily can reduce body weight and waist circumference by 5 percent in three months.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web