AMBERG, Wis. - Cabin Fever Outdoor Seminars, an event designed to provide outdoor enthusiasts an opportunity to learn more about certain sports, will be held Saturday, March 19/
The event runs from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Amberg Community Center, N15035 Grant St., in Amberg. It is open to people of all ages.
Five seminars presented by area experts will be offered, with each seminar approximately 45 minutes in length. In some of the seminars, hands-on demonstrations will be provided.
Crossroads Church, Pembine; Interfaith Bible Fellowship, Amberg; and Cornerstone Assembly of God, Athelstane, are promoting the event.
Chili, hot chocolate, coffee, bars and cookies will be offered between 3:30 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.
There is no entrance fee to the event, which is being offered on a donation basis. Door prizes will also be awarded.
The five seminars (and the presenters) are as follows:
- ATVing and Snowmobiling: Pat Mullarky of Dun-Good Riders Snowmobile and ATV Club.
- Ice/Lake Fishing and Safety: Barry and Bill Irish, more than 47 years experience of ice and lake fishing, plus tournament participation
- Fly Tying and Fishing: Tom and Ellen Combs, honorary lifetime members of the Federation of Fly Fishers Northwoods Fly Fishers of Upper Peninsula and Northeast Wisconsin.
- Bear Baiting and Hunting: Dick Hirte, long-time bear baiter and guide.
- Bow Hunting Elk: Team Hirte, producers of two TV sports shows, experienced bow hunters and elk hunters.
Each of the presenters will also have on display equipment that is applicable to their area of expertise, and will be available to answer questions.
For more information, contact Larry Toltzman at (715) 548-1628.