QUINNESEC - No one was injured when Breitung Township firefighters were paged to a structure fire at W8399 Old Carney Lake Road early this morning.
Fire Chief Jeff Iverson said when North Breitung and East Kingsford fire stations arrived on scene at 3:15 a.m. the 20 foot by 20 foot garage/workshop was completely destroyed and had collapsed to the ground. The garage was detached from the house.
Firefighters put out smoldering debris and cleared the scene at 4:35 a.m.
The power company was called to take care of the electrical service.
Iverson said the cause may have been from a heater. The homeowner had a wood furnace in the garage that he thought was out when he went in the house for the night.
Lisa M. Hoffmann's e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.