NORWAY - Lionel Lauren of Vulcan was the winner of a beaver hat in a drawing conducted by the U.P. Trappers Association Inc. at the Dickinson County Fair.
Winners in the gun and cash drawings were as follows:
- Jim Vivio of Vulcan, Savage .204 Ruger.
- Carroll Whitens of Hermansville, Savage 30-06.
- Robert Torino of Ishpeming, Mossberg 20 gauge shotgun.
- Norman Peterson of Cedar River, 17 caliber Savage.
- Robert Torino of Ishpeming, 50 caliber muzzleloader.
- Jim Absolon of Elgin, Ill., PSE compound bow package.
- Jim Engel of Chassell, $200 cash donated by Coleman Engineering or Iron Mountain/
- Larry Cole of Perkins, $100 donated by Gunner's Welding of Vulcan.
- Jeff Backhaus of Amberg Wis., $100 donated by U.P. Trappers District 1.
- Jim Absolon of Elgin, Ill., $100 donated by U.P. Trappers District 3.
- Paul Godward of Pelkie, $100 donated by U.P. Trappers District 5.
- Dave Basal of Marquette, $50 cash donated by Dennis Girardi of Vulcan.
- Roger Gustafson of Bruce Crossing, $50 donated by Bill Pipp of Vulcan.
- Daniel Beaudo of Daggett, $50 donated by Dave Basal of Marquette.
"The Upper Peninsula Trappers Association, Inc. would like to thank everyone who bought and/or sold tickets for this successful fundraiser," said Bob Steinmetz of the UPTA. "Also we would like to thank those individuals, districts, and businesses that contributed cash to supplement the guns and the compound bow provided by the association. The generous prizes helped make it a huge success."