A recent Wall Street Journal article stated President Obama requested a one on one session with Steve Jobs last year and disregard his advice.
A second meeting included top executives from companies such as Google, Cisco and Oracle. It also went nowhere.
The president was told high tech companies are supposed to be the country's engine for growth but the federal government is gumming up the works. Politics leads to paralysis.
Mr. Obama kept explaining to the executives why things can't get done.
Jobs said, "It infuriates me." He made the point that Silicon Valley is mystified by a policy that instead educates foreign engineers at top U.S. universities then sends them home after they graduate.
The president has not tried to eliminate the tons of regulations that hand cuff U.S. business, he'd rather initiate them.
Based on his performance to date if Mr. Obama had been appointed CEO of a corporation instead of our president three years ago that company would have declared bankruptcy within two years.
Washington has produced three consecutive years of deficits in excess of a trillion dollars.
It relies on budget gimmicks to enable the conceal countless billions in federal deficit spending skirting the rules and misleading the public with unprincipled maneuvering.
Fiscal corruption is bankrupting our country and congress has added billions to the deficit by labeling routine expenditures and "emergency" spending, allowing lawmakers to skirt normal budgetary rules. Facts were never allowed to get in the way of political decisions.
Government austerity is a myth. The federal government recently wrapped up it's biggest spending year and its second biggest annual budget deficit. The Washington spending appetite is as voracious as ever.
In late October Rep. Paul Ryan spoke on "The American Idea" at the Heritage Foundation in Washington. He scored the president as too small for the moment, as "petty" in his arguments and avoidance of the decisions entailed in leadership. The president, he said, has made a shift in his appeal to the electorate.
"Instead of appealing to the hope and optimism that were hallmarks of his first campaign he has launched his second campaign by preying on the emotions of fear, envy and resentment."
Will the time for hope and "change" ever arrive?
Will President Obama ever accept responsibility for something, anything?
Might be a
You might be a conservative if:
1. You're irate over the president taking so many vacation days on the taxpayers (16 thus far) but you thought George W. Bush earned every minute of his leisure time (196 days at the same point in his presidency).
2. You're happy with your 40 hour work week, paid vacations and company-provided health care, but you're anti-union, because those Commies haven't done anything for you lately.
3. You strongly support the First Amendment and its guarantee of religious freedom but oppose an Islamic community center in Manhattan.
4. You believe Ronald Reagan was a devout Christian, even though he hated going to church, but any president who spend 20 years going to the same, Trinity Church in Chicago must be a Muslim.
5. You believe when a Republican governor creates a health care package with an individual mandate for everyone in his state, that's a good idea. But when a Democratic president does it, suddenly it's unconstitutional.
6. You're so enthused about demonstrating your Second Amendment rights, you can think of no finer place to brandish your pistol in public than at a presidential rally.
7. You believe Bill Clinton was responsible for Osama Bin Laden's escape 10 years ago, thankfully George W. Bush caught up with him and killed him in Pakistan.
8. You believe in putting American jobs first, except when President Obama rescued 1.5 million GM and Chrysler auto workers, because that was socialism.
9. You deny that the lunatic who tried to murder Gaby Gifford was a conservative, even though he targeted a Jewish, pro-choice, pro gay rights, Democratic congresswoman.
10. You thought it was perfectly normal that every president in history had an untethered right to raise the debt ceiling when warranted, but when Obama asked the GOP-held congress to do it, you thought it only natural that it be tied to cutting Social Security and Medicare.
11. You accuse President Obama for raising your taxes to the highest point ever, even though they're lower today than at any time since 1950.
12. You believe the wealthiest Americans are "job creators" and they are, but it doesn't bother you that all workers in those positions are in India, China, and Malaysia and they're doing the jobs that our fathers once did.
13. You believe gays are anti-American, because their lifestyle is a threat to children, unless they're married to a tea party backed presidential candidate from Minnesota.
14. You strongly defend individual freedom, but that freedom doesn't include a woman's right to decide her own health care needs.
15. You believe corporations are people too, and are deserving of the same rights as the rest of us. Just not the same obligations to pay personal income tax free of corporate loopholes, or penalties for massive criminal behavior and tax evasion. In these matters, corporations are deserving of special rights.
16. And since corporations are now people too, you must believe in their right to a driver's license, the right to marry, to adopt children etc. These rights shall not be denied to Exxon, Halliburton and BP (but still immune from the right of the people to try, convict and sentence to death any corporation that conspires to commit a felony, because at that point, they're suddenly not people again.)
17. You believe climate change is a myth, and the recent record highs, lows, floods and droughts around the worked coinciding with climate scientist's predictions are all an amazing coincidence. On, and Al Gore is fat.
18. You believe when George W. Bush took the national debt from $5 trillion to $11 trillion, it was necessary for him to do so to keep America safe. But when Barrack Obama added to it by trying to rescue the country from a second Great Depression, he was deliberately trying to destroy America.
19. You believe that no matter who's in the White House, the office if not the man himself is deserving of your respect. The only exception to this rule are if his middle name sounds Muslim, and if he's not at least as white as that black guy who works down in the mailroom at the office.
20. You believe that the number one priority of the minority leaders of the Senate, is to make President Obama a one term president.
21. You believe that Social Security is a ponzi scheme.
Spread Eagle, Wis.