IRON MOUNTAIN - Travel is not advised on several north central Wisconsin highways, and other roadways are ice and snow-covered.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation reports travel is not advised on the following north central region state highways:
- U.S. 8 form WIS-141 in Marinette County to WIS-73 in Rusk County.
- WIS-70 from U.S. 2 in Florence County to the Sawyer/Price County line.
- U.S. 51 from WIS-64 in Lincoln County to U.S. 2 in Iron County.
- U.S. 2 from Hurley to Saxon in Iron County.
- WIS-13 from Westboro to Park Falls in Price County
- U.S. 45 from WIS-64 to the Michigan state line.
Motorists should slow down and drive with caution on the following ice- covered highways:
- I-39 and U.S. 51 from WIS-66 in Stevens Point, Portage County to WIS-64 in Merrill, Lincoln County.
- WIS-13 from WIS-23 in Wisconsin Dells, Juneau County to Westboro in Price County.
- WIS-29 from Wittenberg in Shawano County to WIS-13 in Abbotsford, Marathon County.
Travel is strongly discouraged unless absolutely necessary.
Visit 511wi.gov for more information on statewide winter road conditions.
U.S. 141 is closed between Island Lake Road and Finnel Road north of Wausaukee because of weather conditions.
Marinette County Sheriff Jerry Sauve said numerous semis and vehicles were stuck on a snow-covered hill north of Wausaukee since 5 a.m. today
An alternate route for southbound traffic is to go west on Burdell Road to Old 38 Road, south on Old 38 Road to County Highway C then back to U.S. 141. Northbound traffic reverses these directions.