IRON MOUNTAIN - The Iron Mountain Farmers & Artisans Market will be held on Saturday in downtown Iron Mountain from 8 a.m. to noon. And immediately following the market, the area becomes the sixth annual Italian Fest.
The market runs every Saturday through Oct. 12 in front of the performance stage, located on the corner of East Hughitt and Iron Mountain streets across from the Dickinson County Library.
It is managed and operated by the Iron Mountain Main Street/Downtown Development Authority volunteers. Coffee during August is sponsored by the Moose Jackson Cafe.
The Italian Fest will run from about noon to 11 p.m. with vendors providing a variety of Italian-themed food to choose from. Wine, beer and other beverages are also available during the day under the beer tent.
The bocce ball court and Italian Market will also be set up for the duration of the day. In addition, children's inflatable bounce houses and games provided by Abracadabra and Abundant Life Church will be available from noon to 8 p.m.
Several competitions are available for people to sign up for during Italian Fest. They include pizza dough tossing, Italian Idol and the grape stomp.
Sign up on the website at www.ironmountaindowntown.com or call 774-8534.
Tom Gursky will serve as the emcee for Italian Fest, which starts off at noon with the opening ceremony and the singing of "God Bless America" by Ralph Izzo in both English and Italian.
The schedule of events includes:
- 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. entertainment with Ritchie Stanek and Tom Gursky.
- 1:15 p.m. is the Italian Fest king and queen crowing.
- From 2:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., Rare Gold will perform.
- At 3 p.m., the pizza dough tossing contest will be held
- From 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., Rare Gold will perform again.
- Italian Idol competition at 4 p.m.
- Jan & Gino will perform from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Grape Stomp competition from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Jan and Gino back to perform from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The Cadillacs will end out the evening entertainment from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Cost to attend Italian Fest is $5 a person. Children, age 12 and under are admitted free of charge as well as participants in the Tour de Dickinson Bike Ride.
"All proceeds benefit community revitalization programs helping to improve the local quality of life," organizers said.
For more information, contact the Iron Mountain DDA/Main Street at 774-8534 or visit the website at www.ironmountaindowntown.com.