IRON RIVER - There is a full slate of activities planned for this year's Iron County Fair, which runs through Sunday at the fairgrounds in Iron River.
Highlights include the 4-H market livestock auction today at 6 p.m., two Sick Air shows today at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., the demolition derby on Saturday at 6 p.m., and a Loggers'/Farmers' breakfast on Sunday at 7 a.m.
The full schedule is listed below:
Pictured from left, Lillie Stapelton of Iron River, Aaanlia Lopez of Stockbridge Wis., Chloe Applin of Galesville Wis., and Ellie Garsomke of Appleton Wis., ride the Go-Gator at the Iron County Fair Thursday. The fair runs through Sunday.
Theresa Peterson/Daily News Photo
Today's all-day events include the arts and crafts sale, open class exhibit judging, and the antique farm equipment display.
Other events today include:
- 4-H market livestock judging from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Live music from Paula Dee from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 4-H market livestock auction at 6 p.m.
- Live music from Country Hashbrowns from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sick Air shows at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Saturday's all-day events include the arts and crafts sale, antique farm equipment display, and carnival specials.
Other Saturday events include:
- 4-H horse show at 9 a.m.
- Draft horse pull at 9 a.m.
- Pedal pull contest weigh-in at 10 a.m.
- Pedal pull contest at 11 a.m.
- Live music from Mark Ralston from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Open class horse show at noon.
- Skip and Dave Ventriloquist at 1 p.m.
- Down on the Farm presentation at 2 p.m.
- Live music from Marilyn Moncivais from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Demolition derby at 6 p.m.
- Live music from Bill Hassey from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday's all-day events include the antique farm equipment display and carnival specials.
Other Sunday events include:
- Loggers'/Farmers' breakfast at 7 a.m.
- Dog show at 9 a.m., which will be followed by rabbit showmanship.
- Live music from Ritchie Stanek from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tractor pull at 11
a.m., which will be followed by the truck pull.
- Chicken and corn feed at 1 p.m.
- Live music from Richie Yurkovich from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Iron County Fair drawing at 3 p.m.
- Release of exhibits and livestock at 5 p.m.
Nikki Younk's e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.