Most Lions fans have attended games at Ford Field, seen highlights of a young Barry Sanders, and lived through the team's improbable run to the NFC Central title in 1991.
But only real fans know of the curse of the Blond Bomber, the franchise-altering "Paul Edinger Game," and the oft-forgotten verse to the Lions fight song, "Gridiron Heroes."
"100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die (Triumph) by Paula Pasche reveals the most critical moments and important facts about past and present players, coaches, and teams that are part of the storied history that is Lions football.
Scattered throughout the pages, you'll find pep talks, records, and Lions lore to test your knowledge, including:
- The infamous "handshake" between coaches Jim Schwartz and Jim Harbaugh.
- The inspiring story of Mike Utley.
- The worst draft picks of the much-maligned Matt Millen Era, including "Joey Blue Skies" and a WR who led the "Lamborghini life."
- The story of the multi-talented Alex "The Mad Duck" Karras - NFL All-Pro and comedic actor.
- The cautionary tale of Lions draft bust Reggie Rogers.
Whether you're a die-hard fan from the days of Wayne Fontes and Herman Moore or a new supporter of Jim Schwartz and Calvin Johnson, this book contains everything Lions fans should know, see and do in their lifetime.
If you bleed Honolulu blue, silver and black, then "100 Things Lions Fans" is for you.
It offers the chance to be certain you are knowledgeable about the most important facts about the team, the traditions, and what being a Lions fan is all about.