Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS

Kingsford man faces charges in assault

September 1, 2012
By LISA M. HOFFMANN - Staff Writer , The Daily News

IRON MOUNTAIN - A 40-year-old Kingsford man - accused of sexually and physically assaulting a woman - is facing several felony charges.

William Joseph Bottesi Jr., 40, is charged with criminal sexual conduct, first degree (personal injury); home invasion, first degree; interfering with electronic communications causing injury or death; assaulting/resisting/obstructing a police office; and operating while intoxicated.

According to the felony complaint, police were called to a residence in Kingsford on July 21 for a report of a home break-in.

Upon arrival, officers observed a screen on a window had been pulled back, indicating a point of entry.

According to the complaint:

The defendant asked police, using profanity, who they were and what they wanted. An officer then ordered the defendant to get to the ground. He refused and put up his hands in an aggressive manner and lunged toward the officer.

While outside, the defendant was eventually secured in handcuffs.

When police interviewed the female victim, she had a swollen and bruised left arm and bruising on her right forearm and her neck from being assaulted. She also reported pain in her head and tailbone.

Before the incident, the victim had confronted the defendant at his house and he started yelling about killing her and himself. She tried to call 911 on her cell phone, and he grabbed it from her and threw it across the room.

The defendant then threw her to the floor and got on top of her. She yelled at him to stop, but he continued to hold her down telling him he was going to have sex with her.

She was frightened and tried to struggle against him. Each time she tried to get free and escape, he threw her back down.

While she continued to struggle against the defendant, he started throwing punches at her, striking her about eight times in the head.

The complaint states the defendant eventually stopped his attack and the woman was able to grab her clothes and phone and escape his house.

She then went to her house, locked the door and called police.

That is when she saw him drive up her driveway.



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web