By NIKKI YOUNK
FLORENCE, Wis. - Two of Florence County's eight towns will have contested races in Wisconsin's April 2 election.
In Aurora, four people are running for two town board seats. They are incumbents Roger C. Osterberg and Yvonne VanPembrook, and challengers Sandra Osterberg-Hedmark and Tom Krans.
The top two vote-getters will win the seats.
Also in Aurora, there will be two candidates listed on the ballot for town chair: incumbent William Dyer and challenger Betty Bock. However, Dyer recently announced that he has withdrawn from the race.
In Fern, both the town chair and town clerk positions are contested.
Incumbent chair Fred Erwin faces a write-in challenge from Kim Haevers, while incumbent clerk George Pakos will face off against challenger Sue Christensen.
Uncontested races in all towns, and the school board, are listed below.
- Clerk, Stacy L. Hedmark, incumbent.
- Treasurer, Tanya Neuens, incumbent.
- Chair, Gary Steber, incumbent.
- Supervisors, Kenneth L. Johnson and James D'Agostino, incumbents.
- Clerk, Dorothy Vayda, incumbent.
- Treasurer, Deniell Bomberg, incumbent.
- Chair, Rich Wolosyn, incumbent.
- Supervisors, Fred Hedmark, incumbent, and Rick Lemke. Current supervisor Wade Deverney is not seeking re-election.
- Clerk, Mary Deverney, incumbent.
- Treasurer, Julie Thomas. Current treasurer Jan Paska-Martell is not seeking re-election.
- Supervisors, Dwayne Drewa and Jim LeFevre, incumbents.
- Treasurer, Carol Demko, incumbent.
- Chair, Tim Bomberg, incumbent.
- Supervisors, John Holbrook and Shane McLain, incumbents.
- Clerk/Treasurer, Shelly VanPembrook, incumbent.
- Chair, Elinor Trosin, incumbent.
- Supervisor, Kevin Olsen, incumbent. Current supervisor Craig Tomczak is not seeking re-election. The second supervisor seat may be filled by a write-in candidate.
- Clerk/Treasurer, Linda McLain, incumbent.
- Chair, Michael Andersen, incumbent.
- Supervisors, James Ritchie and John Halada, incumbents.
- Clerk, Cyndy Halada, incumbent.
- Treasurer, Frances Hodgson, incumbent.
- Chair, Fran Modschiedler, incumbent.
- Supervisors, Robert Benter and Roger Kelter, incumbents.
- Clerk/Treasurer, Diana Hensley, incumbent.
There are four people running for four seats on the Florence School Board. They are Don Dumke, Ron Yadro, Jim Churchill, and Linda Opsahl. All are incumbents.
Nikki Younk's e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.