Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire in Randville

June 6, 2013
The Daily News

SAGOLA - Firefighters from the Sagola Township Volunteer Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire south of Randville on Wednesday evening.

The incident occurred at about 6:15 p.m. at a residence at N6706 M-95.

Assistant Chief Rand Hruska said that firefighters were on scene five minutes after the call.

Article Photos

Upon arrival, they saw smoke coming out of the house.

Hruska said that the owner of the house, James Martin, reported that the fire was in the basement and was almost out.

Firefighters extinguished the remaining fire in the basement and ventilated the building to remove the smoke.

According to Hruska, the fire was caused by cardboard boxes placed too close to a gas water heater.

Since the fire was contained to the heater and the boxes, which were filled with tools, there was no structural damage to the house, Hruska added.

No one was injured.

Firefighters cleared from the scene at 8:10 p.m.

Assisting at the scene were the Breitung Township Fire Department and STAR Ambulance.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web