IRON MOUNTAIN - The Dickinson Area Community Foundation and its two affiliates, Crystal Falls Area Community Foundation and Norway Area Community Foundation, will be paying out a total of $94,270 in 2014 for agency and field of interest grants.
A total of $32,600 is available for field of interest program grants during the 2014 grant cycle. Grants are available to non-profit organizations and agencies located in or servicing people in the Dickinson county area and surrounding Michigan and Wisconsin areas from the following funds:
- Civic Improvement Fund: $3,100 in funds available for collaborative project(s) to benefit or serve the Iron Mountain, Kingsford, and Breitung Township communities. Grant Committee includes a representative from each community.
- Community Health Fund: $1,600 in funds available for grants for youth and senior health related programs (i.e., programs designed to reduce behavioral risk factors, substance abuse, alcohol/binge drinking, smoking cessation, depression, and encourage healthy activities).
- Environmental Fund: $1,800 in funds available for grants for projects that improve or create methods of enhancing natural resources in the region.
- Fine Arts Fund: $1,800 in funds available for grants for projects in the area of theatrical, musical and performing arts.
- Health Care Fund: $1,500 in funds available for grants for programs involved in prevention, primary physical health care, educational and other health related services.
- Homeless Prevention Fund: $2,200 in funds available for grants for programs which provide assistance to people in need to prevent loss of homes.
- Hunger Fund: $1,800 in funds available for grants to organizations which provide food to people in need.
- Kellogg Youth Fund: $18,800 in funds available are available for granting to applicants from the Iron Mountain/Kingsford Area by the Iron Mountain/Kingsford Youth Advisory Committee (YAC's) for youth related programs.
In addition, there is $38,490 in grant funds will be paid out to the following Dickinson area non-profit agencies: Northwoods Airlifeline, Camp Batawagama, Champion Romney (DICSA), Almost Home Animal Shelter, Northpointe, Dickinson County Hospital Benevolent Fund, Dickinson County Hospital Community Fund, Dickinson County Hospital Capital Fund, Visual Arts Fund (Association of Student Artists) and Salvation Army, who have established agency funds with the Foundation.
Earnings in the individual organizations' agency funds are disbursed annually to the designated agency or organization, in accordance with the Dickinson Area Community Foundation spending policy, a spokesperson said.
The Norway Area Community Foundation and the Crystal Falls Community Foundation, will also be funding $20,850 in field of interest for 2014. Non-profit organizations and agencies in the Norway and Crystal Falls communities may apply for grants in the following fields of interest:
- Norway Affiliate Fund: $3,600 in funds is available for grants for programs in the Norway community area.
- Norway Kellogg Youth Fund: $3,775 in funds is available for granting to applicants from the Norway Area by the Norway Youth Advisory Committee (YAC's) for youth related programs.
- Forest Park (MCFYP) Youth Fund: $13,300 in funds is available for granting by the Forest Park Youth Advisory Committee (YAC's) for youth related programs in the Crystal Falls area.
- Crystal Falls Community Project Fund: $475 in funds is available for granting for community projects in the Crystal Falls area.
In addition, $2,330 in agency grant funds will be paid out to the following Crystal Falls area non-profit agencies: Harbour House (Crystal Falls Koob Historic Fund) and Contemporary Center (Crystal Falls Koob Youth Fund) who have established agency funds with the Foundation.
For more information, contact the Dickinson Area Community Foundation office 774-3131.
Grant forms are available on the Foundation's website at www.dickinsonareacommunityfoundation.org
Deadline for proposals submission to the Foundation is Wednesday, Oct. 16.