FLORENCE, Wis. - The Florence County Fair Board is currently seeking volunteers to serve as board members and committee members for the 2014 fair.
- Fair Board members are expected to attend monthly meetings, serve on at least one committee, and take care of business between meetings when necessary.
- Committee members are expected to attend committee meetings typically 2-3 times a year and possibly plan and implement projects or activities based on the committee
Florence County Fair committees include:
-Exhibit Management: to plan and manage the exhibits/entries a.k.a. the items that are displayed
-Livestock: to plan and manage the animal exhibits and agricultural education aspect of the fair
-Fair Operated Concessions: to plan and manage all of the concessions run by the fair
- Entertainment/Activities: to plan, create and schedule various events and activities for those attending the fair to participate in; also includes smaller committees for these events like Car Show, Little King & Queen, Penny Scramble, Beer Run, etc.
- Publicity: to plan and implement all of the advertising for the fair
- Building and Grounds: to plan and implement necessary changes each year and to create and maintain a long-range plan for the use of the fairgrounds; also includes smaller committees for specific projects and for vendors (during the fair) and rentals (outside of the fair)
- Fundraising: to raise money and awareness for fair projects typically for building and grounds projects; a main goal of this committee is to raise money to pay off the loan for the new building
If you are interested in receiving more information on becoming a board or committee member for 2014, please call the fair at 715-528-4773. You may have to leave a message, but someone will return your call as soon as possible. You may also e-mail the fair at email@example.com. Please contact the fair with any questions; requesting information does not mean that you automatically have to become a board or committee member.
The Florence County Fair has changed a great deal over the last few years. It has grown and expanded, and for this reason the board needs more involvement from throughout the communities to continue to make this event a success.
It is completely organized and run by volunteers, and everyone can make a difference even with a small amount of time.