By NIKKI YOUNK
BREITUNG TOWNSHIP - No one was injured in a garage fire Wednesday at a residence on Indiana Mine Road in Breitung Township.
Theresa Proudfit/Daily News Photo
Breitung Township firefighters clean up after responding to a garage fire on Indiana Mine Road on Wednesday. No one was injured in the incident.
Breitung Township Fire Department Chief Jeff Iverson said that the garage is a total loss, but the attached home sustained only minimal smoke damage.
The fire started just before noon.
"Fortunately the residents were there, they called right away," said Iverson.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the garage.
Iverson said that a tipped over or malfunctioning space heater appeared to be the cause of the fire.
Firefighters remained on scene cleaning up until about 2:30 p.m.
Nikki Younk's e-mail address is email@example.com.