IRON MOUNTAIN - Firefighters from the Iron Mountain Fire Department responded to several calls over the Fourth of July weekend.
On Friday at 12:10 p.m., they were called to Comfort Inn for a fire alarm.
Upon arrival, firefighters found that the alarm activation was caused by water leaking into the detector. The detector was replaced.
Firefighters returned to the station at 12:24 p.m.
On Friday at 3:04 p.m., they were called to 500 Norway Street for a carbon monoxide alarm.
No carbon monoxide was detected, so firefighters replaced the detector's battery.
They returned to the station at 3:17 p.m.
On Friday beginning at 9 p.m., firefighters stood by for the city fireworks display. They extinguished several small grass fires started by the fireworks.
Firefighters cleared the scene at 11 p.m.
On Sunday at 7:38 p.m., they were called to 700 East D Street for a smoke alarm in a vacant house.
Firefighters detected no smoke or fire, and they believed that the alarm may have been activated by the humidity.
They returned to the station at 7:53 p.m.