KINGSFORD - The Voice of Martyrs "I Commit" regional conference is planned Saturday, July 12.
The conference will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Redemption Hill Church in Kingsford.
The host church will open its doors at 8 a.m. for registration, access to a resource center and prayer. Lunch will be on your own from noon to 1:30 p.m. There is no cost to attend the conference, but an offering will be received.
Conference speakers will encourage and challenge you through personal testimonies, readings from God's Word and information that will stir and equip you for His eternal purposes.
The conference will feature the following speakers:
- Sarah Liu, who lived a life of faith in her homeland of China. Her unapologetic Christian beliefs ultimately led to her arrest, torture and imprisonment for six years. Reflecting on her experiences during that time, she says, "I thought of Christ being beaten on the way to the cross. He suffered for me, and in a small way I shared in that suffering for him. It gave me courage to survive my time in prison." Her story is told in the video "Sarah's Trail of Blood."
- Guest speaker from the Middle East.
- Takoosh Hovsepian of Iran, who grew up with a desire to spend her life in the service of God. She wasn't expecting to face so many obstacles that would test her faith. Her husband, Christian martyr Rev. Haik Hovsepian, was 49 years old when he left the house one morning never to return. Takoosh struggled through her husband's martyrdom, but eventually learned the true meaning of forgiveness. She now spends time encouraging other persecuted families and widows.
- Robert Brock is on staff with The Voice of the Martyrs since 1993. He has met with and served persecuted brothers and sisters in China, Sudan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cuba, India, Myanmar, Laos, Bangladesh, Colombia and many other nations. He travels extensively around the United States, sharing the stories of persecuted believers in conferences, churches and with various organizations.
- Amy Shreve who will share music and worship.
To register and for more information visit www.vommeetings.com and click on more information to the right of "July 12, 2014 MICHIGAN (Kingsford)" in the conference listing. Persons can also register by phone at 1-800-747-0085 or by e-mailing your name, phone number and the number attending to email@example.com.
The church is located at 332 South Carpenter Ave.