* Friends of the Dickinson County Library book sale dedicated to materials for children and young adult readers. This sale will be until 4 p.m. in the multipurpose room at the main branch in Iron Mountain. The paperback books will sell for 10 cents and hard covered books will be 25 cents. The audiovisual materials will be 25 cents.
* U.P. Championship Rodeo: Rodeo Market Daze, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Iron County Fairgrounds. at 10 a.m. WIC library, used book sale and historic western photos, bake sale and coffee. At 1 p.m. Miss U.P. Rodeo Pageant speeches and modeling and extemporaneous questions in rotunda upper fairgrounds. At 2:30 p.m. Miss U.P. Rodeo Horsemanship in the arena fairgrounds, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Family Fun Night, Kids games and live music featuring "Lovin Country" and special guest "Ginny Benson."
* Habitat for Humanity's ReStore is hosting an Antiques Appraisal Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Meet professional appraisers, Jean and Douglas LaFoille, from The Auction Block Plus, out of Manistique. Bring your heirlooms and treasures to the Habitat ReStore. Prices are one item for $10 or three for $25. (Limit 3 per visit). Items will be appraised on a first come first serve basis. The Habitat ReStore is located at 113 S. Milwaukee Ave. in Kingsford. For more information, call the ReStore at 774-2867.
* Fifth annual Zero Gravity Action Sports Outreach is scheduled at Lodal Park in Kingsford. The Extreme Sports Outreach event is free for everyone in the area at 1 p.m. and at 6 p.m.
* U.P. Championship Rodeo: 8 a,m. registration for Rodeo run at the Windsor Center. 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. pancake breakfast, Iron River Senior Center. Art Round Up at the Windsor Center on the lawn and in the gym from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. At 10 a.m. Wild West Parade Downtown Iron River. Brat feed will be at Angeli Foods and brat feed at VFW Post 3134 at 11 a.m.; rodeo arena gates open at noon with the first rodeo performance at 2 p.m. Rodeo gates open at 5 p.m. with the second rodeo performance at 7 p.m. Foot stompin' street dance starts at 9 p.m. Downtown Iron River, next to VFW Post 3134.
* Violator 3-D Archery Shoot for the Crivitz Bowhunting Club at the range (W9398 Cty Rd. W, Crivitz, Wis.) dark - ?. Remember your flashlight and be prepared to have fun, sharpen your skills, and see if you can out-score your buddies.
* Cookout fund-raiser for Kiwanis from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Econo Foods.
* LCpl. Eric A. Palmisano Care Package Project packaging event at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church in Iron Mountain. The group will be packaging starting at 10 a.m. and go until they are finished. Persons are welcome to also bring items to pack for the troops. A list of need items can be found on the website at www.palmisanocarepackageproject.org. Refreshments will be served. Volunteers are need and their help is much appreciated. Any questions or if you are planning to attend call Bobbie at (906) 396-4900.
* U.P. Championship Rodeo: Rodeo arena gates open at noon, at 1:30 p.m. the crowning of new "Miss U.P. Rodeo" Queen will be held followed at 2 p.m. by third rodeo performance.
* Spread Eagle Art Show at the Chuckwagon in Spread Eagle, Wis. The show runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is no admission charge. While you are visiting the Art Show, persons can enjoy burgers, hot dogs, and corn-on-the cob cooked on the outdoor grill or eat inside the Chuckwagon. Hand-dipped ice cream cones and cold beverages will also be available. The Chuckwagon is located seven miles west of Iron Mountain on U.S. 2.
* Badwater Ski-Ters Waterski Show Vagabond Park in Spread Eagle, Wis. at 6 p.m. Rain or shine. No admission.