If your non-profit organization is in need of help funding your community activity, you should contact the Dickinson Area Community Foundation.
The foundation awards thousands of dollars in grants to community programs each year.
In fact, the Dickinson Area Community Foundation and its two affiliates - Crystal Falls Area Community Foundation and Norway Area Community Foundation - will be paying out a total of $280,892 in grants and scholarships for 2015, announced Tamara Juul, Executive Director of the foundation.
For students, some $127,962 in scholarships will be available starting in January 2015 through the following schools for graduating seniors, Iron Mountain, Kingsford, Norway, North Dickinson, Crystal Falls, Niagara, Florence and Pembine High Schools.
Students should check with your scholarship coordinator for the applications and criteria for the DACF scholarships offered at your school.
Additionally, $152,930 will be paid out for agency and field of interest grants in 2015.
Grant applications are now available.
If you are interested in applying for any of the grant funds listed below or require additional information, contact the Dickinson Area Community Foundation office at 774-3131 for more information or to request the appropriate application forms and instructions.
Grant Forms (Format Information Sheet, Cover Sheet and Application Form) are available on the Foundation's website at www.dickinsonareacommunityfoundation.org
Deadline for proposals submission to the Foundation is Wednesday, Oct. 15.
Juul said a total of $35,106 is available for field of interest program grants during the 2015 Grant Cycle. Grants are available to 501(c)3 non-profit organizations, and agencies or organizations that are affiliated with non-taxable organizations (ie: schools, churches, cities) located in or servicing people in the Dickinson county area and surrounding Michigan and Wisconsin areas from the following funds:
- Civic Improvement Fund: $3,298 Funds available for collaborative project(s) to benefit or serve the Iron Mountain, Kingsford, and Breitung Township communities. Grant Committee includes a representative from each community.
- Community Health Fund: $1,887 Funds available for grants for youth and senior health related programs (i.e., programs designed to reduce behavioral risk factors, substance abuse, alcohol/binge drinking, smoking cessation, depression, and encourage healthy activities).
- Environmental Fund: $1,923 Funds available for grants for projects that improve or create methods of enhancing natural resources in the region.
- Fine Arts Fund: $2,144 Funds available for grants for projects in the area of theatrical, musical and performing arts.
- Health Care Fund: $1,646 Funds available for grants for programs involved in prevention, primary physical health care, educational and other health related services.
- Homeless Prevention Fund: $2,378 Funds available for grants for programs which provide assistance to people in need to prevent loss of homes.
- Hunger Fund: $1,967 Funds available for grants to organizations which provide food to people in need.
- Kellogg Youth Fund: $19,863 funds available are available for granting to applicants from the Iron Mountain/Kingsford Area by the Iron Mountain/Kingsford Youth Advisory Committee (YAC's) for youth related programs.
Some $94,004 in grant funds will be paid out to the following Dickinson area non-profit agencies: Northwoods Air Lifeline, Friends of Camp Batawagama, Champion Romney (DICSA), Almost Home Animal Shelter, NorthPointe, Dickinson County Hospital Administration Fund, Dickinson County Hospital Benevolent Fund, Dickinson County Hospital Community Fund, Dickinson County Hospital Capital Fund, Dickinson County Hospital Newberg Living Endowment Fund, Visual Arts Fund (Association of Student Artists) and Salvation Army who have established agency funds with the foundation, Juul said.
Earnings in the individual organizations' agency funds are disbursed annually to the designated agency or organization, in accordance with the Dickinson Area Community Foundation spending policy.
The Norway Area Community Foundation and the Crystal Falls Community Foundation, will also be funding $20,810 in field of interest for 2014. Non-profit organizations and agencies in the Norway and Crystal Falls communities may apply for grants in the following fields of interest:
- Norway Affiliate Fund: $3,079 in funds is available for grants for programs in the Norway community area.
- Norway Kellogg Youth Fund: $3,140 in funds is available for granting to applicants from the Norway Area by the Norway Youth Advisory Committee (YAC's) for youth related programs.
- Forest Park (MCFYP) Youth Fund: $14,044 in funds is available for granting by the Forest Park Youth Advisory Committee (YAC's) for youth related programs in the Crystal Falls area.
- Crystal Falls Community Project Fund: $547 in funds is available for granting for community projects in the Crystal Falls area.
In addition, $3,010 in agency grant funds will be paid out to the following Crystal Falls area non-profit agencies: Harbour House (Crystal Falls Koob Historic Fund) and Contemporary Center (Crystal Falls Koob Youth Fund) who have established agency funds with the foundation.
Dickinson Area Community Foundation is there to help the local community.