| || |
Ten reasons why to go to Norway Speedway Friday night
August 15, 2013 - Ron Deuter
1. This is not your normal Friday night show. This is a special race event featuring some of the best Super Late Model drivers traveling from Wisconsin and Minnesota to the U.P.
2. It’s an opportunity to see the names you read about competing against the competitors you see every Friday night.
3. Rich Bickle Jr. is in his final season of racing and is making his first ever start at Norway Speedway. Its a chance to meet this legendary driver who has competed at the Cup level and has wins in the NASCAR Truck Series.
4. Last year, Nathan Haseleu ended Jamie Iverson’s Midwest Tour win streak. Will Haseleu repeat or will Iverson re-claim his thrown?
5. In 2008, Dan Fredrickson and Jamie Iverson had an awesome battle for the win. Fredrickson will be there this Friday night!
6. Wouldn’t it be cool to be in the stands to see and cheer on one of the local favorites like Iverson, Kris Kelly, or Dalton Zehr beat the traveling Touring Stars and protect their home turf?
7. Many of the competitors will be traveling more than four hours to come up and race in this event. They are coming because they enjoy the atmosphere at the track and the enthusiasm that the fans show for their hometown favorites.
8. Older fans remember the names of Trickle, Shear, Sauter, Detjens and more travel to different tracks and compete. Here is an opportunity to see today’s short track travelers that include Fredrickson, Wimmer, Haseleu, Goede, Holzhausen, Eilen, Weinkauf, Bickle, Potter, Miller, Storm, Swan and Morrissey.
9. Meet the drivers at the autograph session. Never know where you will see them next. Young fans, ask your parents about watching some kid named Matt Kenseth race at the local tracks in the 1990’s.
10. Bring your family and friends, enjoy this experience together. You never know, this could be an incredible race that many will talk about for a long time and you can tell them that you saw it in person.
(Provided by Kevin Ramsell, ARCA Midwest Tour)
News, Blogs & Events Web