Fire causes IM power outage

IRON MOUNTAIN — A number of Iron Mountain residents lost power after a pole-mounted transformer ignited early Sunday.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 12:50 a.m., though the transformer was extinguished by the time they arrived, according to the Iron Mountain Fire Department.

The IMFD created a safe zone around the utility pole and notified We Energies, returning to the station at 2:08 a.m.

Residences in two square blocks lost power as a result of the malfunction.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today