IM man charged in 2017 chase that injured three teens


IRON MOUNTAIN — An Iron Mountain man was arraigned Tuesday in Dickinson County District Court on charges stemming from a police chase and serious traffic crash in Iron Mountain last year.

Anthony Robinson, 29, faces delivery or manufacture of methamphetamine, a 20-year felony; fleeing a police officer-third degree, a five-year felony; resisting or obstructing a police officer, a two-year felony; failure to stop at the scene of a personal injury accident, a one-year misdemeanor; and a habitual offender-second status, which increases the maximum penalties on the felonies by 1.5 times.

He will return to court Sept. 27 for a probable cause conference and Oct. 4 for a preliminary examination.

Robinson’s case first went through the Marinette County Court system, as that was the location of his arrest last October. He was sentenced there earlier this year to three years in prison, followed by three years of extended supervision.

Since Robinson still is serving that sentence, Judge Julie LaCost determined he was not entitled to bail in his Dickinson County case.

Iron Mountain Police officers on patrol Oct. 8, 2017, saw Robinson’s vehicle traveling on Kimberly Avenue and recognized it as one used for meth trafficking, according to the initial IMPD press release.

Robinson reportedly sped away from them and eventually lost control of his vehicle, causing it to hit an embankment, go airborne and land atop another vehicle on the 800 block of West Ludington Street, the release stated.

Three teen boys in that vehicle had injuries considered serious but not life threatening, according to the release.

Robinson reportedly fled on foot, leaving behind a large quantity of money and meth, according to the criminal complaint.

Officers were able to track him later that day to a residence on County Road N in the town of Niagara, Wis., according to Marinette County Court documents.

During a search of the home, officers found Robinson hiding in a bedroom and used a stun device on him after he threatened to shoot them and refused to comply with their commands, the documents stated.

Officers found a small glass vial with meth, used needles, glass smoking pipes and other paraphernalia in the home, according to the documents.