KPS responds to electrical fire

KINGSFORD — Officers from Kingsford Public Safety responded Monday to a possible electrical fire at 701 Marquette Blvd., according to a release from Sgt. Brandon Rutter.

Officers were called to the home at about 8:36 a.m. after residents smelled smoke. Upon arrival, KPS detected the smell of an electrical fire, the release stated.

An investigation revealed the fan on the furnace had malfunctioned. Officers cut power to the furnace and ventilated the home before returning to the station at 8:52 a.m.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)