IMKCFCU sets annual meeting for March 21
KINGSFORD –The Iron Mountain-Kingsford Community Federal Credit Union will have its 72nd annual membership meeting at 7 p.m. March 21 in the Kingsford High School auditorium.
Members will hear reports by credit union officers and committees, plus business items to discuss.
In addition, the agenda will include the 2019 financial results, new business items and election of directors.
Members will elect four board of directors members for two-year terms.
Serving on the Nominating Committee are Larry Swartout as chairman along with Ted Meagher and Trudy Deldin. Any member wishing to be on the ballot can contact Swartout at 906-282-1150.
To qualify to be nominated for a director position, a candidate should possess:
1. Leadership ability;
2. General business experience;
3. Knowledge of financial matters;
4. Accounting or auditing experience;
5. Public relations experience;
6. Miscellaneous qualities, including experience in legal or regulatory compliance, technology, marketing or sales and human resources;
7. Directors must be able to be bonded and have a good credit history (a credit report will be obtained on each candidate);
8. Must be between 18 and 75 years old.
In addition, a candidate must be a member of the credit union at least three months before the end of the fiscal year immediately preceding the annual meeting at which he or she wishes to be elected. To avoid any conflict of interest, the candidate may not be related to or be in a relationship with any current employee or officer of the credit union that would violate the conflict of interest and anti-fraternization policies. The candidate also may not be serving as a volunteer, officer, and/or employee of other financial institutions.
Names must be placed before the committee by Feb. 7 to be on the ballot, but nominations also will be accepted from the floor during the meeting.