Barn destroyed by fire Sunday

NORWAY — A pole barn at 1991 Longview Road in Norway Township is a total loss after a fire Sunday evening, Norway Fire Chief Dave Bal said.

Firefighters believe an overheated lawn mower sparked the blaze about 6:30 p.m. in the 50-by-30-foot storage building.

The structure and its contents — which included the lawn mower, a boat, a snowmobile and a four-wheel all-terrain vehicle — were destroyed, Bal said.

No one was hurt, Bal said, adding no other buildings on the property were damaged.

Breitung Township firefighters, North Alert Ambulance and We Energies assisted Norway firefighters.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today