Food permit reminder issued

KINGSFORD – In accordance with Michigan’s Food Law of 2000, a temporary food permit is required for all food service events serving potentially hazardous food products.

Food service event means an operation that prepares, serves or otherwise provides food for human consumption.

A temporary food permit is required whether or not there is a charge for the food, said Wade Dishaw, environmental health director at the Dickinson-Iron District Health Department.

An application can be obtained at www.didhd.org. It must be submitted 30 days prior to the scheduled event.

“The department’s main goal in this process is an attempt to ensure the health and safety of those individuals consuming food at public events,” said Dishaw.

For more information pertaining to the various requirements to operate a temporary food establishment, including COVID-19 guidelines, and to determine if a license is needed, please call the Dickinson-Iron District Health Department at 906-779-7239 or in Iron County 906-265-4172.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)