×

Fire doused at Iron Mountain residence

An Iron Mountain firefighter hoses smoldering debris thrown from the attic of a home at 416 Stanton St. in Iron Mountain on Tuesday.

IRON MOUNTAIN — There were no injuries Tuesday after a house fire at 416 Stanton St. in Iron Mountain.

“We are all safe,” homeowner Tarra Bjorkman told The Daily News. “Everyone is accounted for, including the animals.”

Firefighters were called to the smoking home just after 10 a.m., according to the Iron Mountain Fire Department.

The IMFD contained the fire to the attic, though there was extensive water damage to the front of the home. The fire is believed to have been caused by a faulty chimney.

Firefighters returned to the station at 1 p.m.

Brian Christensen/Daily News photos

The IMFD was assisted by the Iron Mountain Police Department, DTE Energy, and Integrity Care EMS.

“We appreciate everyone’s concern and all the help today from the fire department and everyone else who came,” Bjorkman said.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today