Pontbriand and Peters claim second straight Pepper Steele ‘Big Hole’ crown at Oak Crest
NORWAY TOWNSHIP — The Pepper Steele Big Hole 2-person golf tournament was held at Oak Crest Golf Club in Norway on July 11 and 12. Defending champions Joey Pontbriand and Mike Peters were victorious again at this year’s event and retained their title.
Pontbriand and Peters, at 25 under par slipped past Alex Manier/Jake Zeugner, and Nick Markell/Ryan Pepin, who both shot 24 under par.
Oak Crest Golf Pro Kevin Londo reported that the tournament was filled to capacity with 48 teams and 96 golfers.
Other results of the championship flight are as follows:
Tied, 4. Dan and Drew Anderson – 23; Noah Kiser and John Grayvold Jr. -23
6. Dave Maule and Mike Patterson -19
7. Andrew Hartwig and Nate Harvey -18
8. Ryan Allred and Jason Weber -16
Top 5 in the remaining flights
T1 Sam Fredrick and James Westrich -21
T1 Ed O’Connell and Mark Girard -21
3. Garrett O’Neil and Bryce Kelly -18
T4 Joe and Jon LeMire -16
T4 Darren and Trevor Anderson -16
1. Pat Flood and Matt Moln -17
T2 Ty Counter and Rick Chrisman Jr. -16
T2 Dave Carpenter and Bob Gedvick -16
4. Steve Feak and Brandon Michaud -14
5. Brad Casanova and Logan O’Neil -13
1. Kenny Bednarz and Mark Doney -11
2. Mark McCarthy and Dante Mendina -10
T3 Ron and Don Curran -9
T3 Mike Schalow Sr. and Jr. -9
5. Brock Payette and Gary Unrein -7
T1 Joe Groneveld and Jeff Stevenson -7
T1 Cardy Steele and Brian Tirschel -7
T3 Pat LeBeau and Jim Behrens -3
T3 Greg and Paul Rentschler -3
5. Mike Kerschner and Randy Sparpani -1
1. Duane Manier and Larry Tamminen -6
2. Eric Ehmer and Cory Wing -3
3. Cory Allred and Robert Rugg -1
4. Rick and Shelia Strubing +4
T5 Wes Stewart and Tony Campbell +6
T5 Dennis Chounard and Tom DeBakker +6
There was a hole-in one accomplished during the tournament.
Bryce Kelly nailed his ace on hole No. 7, from 92 yards, using a 56 degree wedge. The feat was witnessed by his tournament partner Garrett O’Neil, along with Ed O’Connell and Mark Girard.